What to pack for your summer holiday
PUBLISHED: 21:58 06 July 2014 | UPDATED: 21:58 06 July 2014
Top tips from Tunbridge Wells fashion guru Paula Fry
Whether you are holidaying at home or abroad, here’s how to stay fashionable, cool and on trend.
• Limit your linen – it can be a little ageing and creases like mad. If you love linen trousers, that is fine but don’t team up with a linen jacket or top; mix up your fabrics.
• Never underestimate the power of great-fitting Capri pants - a holiday must-have for evenings out, last days or a stroll along the prom. Look at tailoring from J Crew for inspiration and channel some Audrey Hepburn.
• How old is too old when wearing shorts? There is no right or wrong answer to this, just remember, we don’t want to see any cheeks… The latest trend of just above the knee and not too tight is bang on for most ladies and perfect for warm evenings. Smarten them up with a blazer if it’s chilly.
• White on white is perfect for the summer months and a trend that has been all over the catwalks. I’d team a white cami top with white jeans and coloured heels. NB Please refrain from drinking red wine.
• Ultimate holiday wardrobe essential? A bright coloured tote that can double up as a beach bag. Don’t go down the leather route which can be impractical but think in terms of canvas à la Longchamps or Michael Kors, then personalise with a bling handbag charm.
Don’t forget my postcard…
www.fashionseeker.co.uk, www.loveisboutique.co.uk and @LoveisBoutique
If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.