February fashion and tips for Valentine's gifts
PUBLISHED: 10:31 18 January 2010 | UPDATED: 16:34 20 February 2013
For February we are looking at new season lingerie and swimwear, with a few tips for perfect Valentine's gifts...
For February we are looking at new season lingerie and swimwear, with a few tips for perfect Valentines gifts
This seasons lingerie is romantic, feminine, delicate and indulgent. There is the return of the baby doll, French knickers and corsets. Think extravagance not tacky. Beautiful lingerie makes a perfect Valentines gift.
- Colours are either delicate or high contrast detailing
- Bold prints, animal prints and graphics if you dare
- Luxurious silk and satins
- Bridal lingerie has a more playful feel
Everyone is starting to think about holidays - have you booked yours yet? Swimwear has some distinct trends this year:
Ethnic/global prints - can be great for disguising problem areas
- Must-have sunglasses in summer shades
- Mismatched separates use colour to balance proportions. Darker colours will absorb the light and make areas seem smaller, lighter/brighter colours can enhance
- One shoulder asymmetric one pieces and bikinis great for disguising wide shoulders
- Ruffles can be great for creating curves and impression of larger bust on straighter figures
Also, when it comes to beachwear, signature beach bags are essential this year, the bigger and brighter the better. And dont forget your sun hat!
We are going abroad this year for the first time in many years and as such I want to ensure I get the best tan ever. I have started looking at bikinis and am thinking of buying a bandeau-style bikini top to avoid any lines. However, I am a bit worried about wearing one, having had two children and my bust no longer as firm as it used to be. Any recommendations?
Bandeau tops are indeed great for avoiding strap lines around the dcolletage area, but really if your bust is greater than a B cup or does need some support, you are probably best opting for something else. You may find some underwire bandeau styles that can work well, or look for this years one-shoulder styles, they give support and the strap can easily be pushed down for sun bathing.