Social media tips
PUBLISHED: 12:18 16 November 2014 | UPDATED: 12:18 16 November 2014
Struggling to use social media efectively? Our expert shows you how to improve your success and save money too
In this article we show you how to create an engaging Instagram contest to highlight your business, product or service for a Christmas campaign.
1. Plan your goals to keep you focused. Do you want more followers, a certain number of @mentions of your Instagram ‘handle’ or a hashtag stream with lots of photo followers?
2. Test your contest and hashtag and make sure there are no other similar ones already running. Use sites like Iconosquare and search similar hashtags like #contest #win and #photocontest on Instagram to make sure yours will stand out.
3. Define your market and choose an angle which will resonate with customers.
4. Do you want a ‘like to win’, hashtag or email-gated contest to get the best results?
5. Choose a theme and contest hashtag and decide on a prize to motivate your audience to participate in your contest. Ideally it should tie in with your marketing - so if you are promoting free Christmas parking in Tunbridge Wells, for example, theme your contest, hashtag and prizes to what shoppers will recognise and like to win.
6. Decide whether your contest will be on just Instagram or on multiple social platforms to increase your reach exponentially.
7. Do you need a third-party app or will you keep track of your metrics yourself? Check out management platform such as: Votigo, Piqora or Wishpond.
8. Set your budget and agree how many winners you want, how the prizes will be delivered and your terms and conditions.
9. Now you can build your contest! Give it a short, snappy title and create your visuals for success! Photographs and videos can be used. Have fun and good luck with your contest!
If you would like further tips about social media for business quote KENT LIFE for a FREE chat with one of our advisers, Gabrielle Argent or Zoe Cairns who have collaborated to provide this service. www.gmppr.com www.zcsocialmedia.com