Recipe of the month: Victoria plum clafoutis
PUBLISHED: 07:45 21 September 2014 | UPDATED: 07:45 21 September 2014
Tom Biddle, head chef at Tudor Park Hotel, cooks a seasonal classic
25g butter, melted
3 tbps caster sugar
2 tbps plain flour, sieved
65ml double cream
Seeds from one vanilla pod
6 Victoria plums, halved and stoned
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla seeds together.
2. Fold in the sieved flour and then add the melted butter, milk and cream. Beat into a smooth batter.
3. Arrange the halved plums, skin-side down, in four small shallow dishes, about 2-3cms deep.
4. Cut the marzipan into 12 cubes and place a cube into the centre of each plum half.
5. Pour the batter over the plums, until the dish is three-quarters full.
6. Place in a preheated oven, 180˚C, and cook for 14 minutes.
7. Serve with ice cream. At Tudor Park, we serve it with our home-made Amaretto flavoured ice cream and a shot of Amaretto.
Tom’s tip: If you want to make one large clafoutis, rather than individual ones, then bake the dish for a few minutes more.