Perched high on a hill looking down on Dover is the splendid Dover Castle...
Country cowboys wrestle with winter.We're cowboys at country living, totally incompetent...
The Rochester Literature Festival is back for a third year bringing readers, writers and like minds together.Featuring a sense of people and places, this year’s Rochester Literature Festival ‘Live’n’Local’ will mix writings inspired by the urban and rural places of Kent, along with its cultural heritage.On Saturday, the festival will be based at The Guildhall Museum in Rochester High Street for a selection of talks with an historic theme, while the popular Cafe Crawl will take place in various cafes...
- Avoiding a new shoe design for outdoor art participation
- Community choir looks forward to teaching the world to sing!
- Casting our minds back to move forward
- Sadness, joy and the beauty of biscuity based fruit puddings
FROM THE SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULOUSCharity Balls, like Golf Days and busses, seem to come along in threes. Yet whereas shotgun starts and four balls’ is all part of a sport I have never had an interest in, I will rarely say no to a good meal, a bit of entertainment and a dance. Thus last night, the Kent MS Therapy Centre Red Carpet Ball at the Canterbury Rugby Club was the last (for now) in a long run of such occasions that collectively have raised a staggering amount of money for many good and varied causes...
- WALKING WITH GIANTS
- NOT SO GREAT BRITISH LIFE
- FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY
- BORED MEETINGS AND BOARD MEETINGS
The staggering water footprint of foodSeptember last year saw international bigwigs meet in Stockholm for World Water Week, the theme of which was water and food security...
- What's going down your plughole?
- #AsktheQ Campaign: Our hidden waste footprint
- Twitterati can help make firms greener
- Responsibly-invested pensions
- Can wilderness workshops create a new generation of natural leaders?
The thought of sending eggs in today's post is quite frankly laughable, even with fragile tape, special containers and pleas for caution, things don't always arrive in the condition that one would like but during World War II eggs became a rare and special cargo...