10 homes you won’t believe are self builds
PUBLISHED: 10:10 12 June 2017 | UPDATED: 11:58 12 June 2017
Here are ten exciting properties that will inspire you to buy a plot of land and create your own self build home in Kent. If you’re thinking of self building, Potton can help
Thinking about a self build? All the homes below were built with the help of Potton. Specialising in bespoke self builds with expert help including assisting with planning permission, Potton has over 6,000 properties under its belt. Most properties listed made a sizeable profit after land and building costs. No matter what your family’s needs, Potton can assist with its high quality, tailored take on self building.
There are two exciting new custom build locations in Kent: Cherrywood in Faversham and Woodford Park in Staplehurst.
Cherrywood in Faversham has 14 available plots with prices from £230,000. Just 48 miles from London and 10 miles from Canterbury, this is an ideal location. Detailed planning permission has already been granted for these plots with four types of house to choose from.
Woodford Park in Staplehurst has 10 plots with prices from £280,000. The pretty village of Staplehurst is 50 miles from London and 10 miles from Maidstone, in the catchment area of some fantastic schools including Maidstone Grammar, Tunbridge Wells Grammar and Cranbrook School.
These serviced plots are available to build low energy homes designed beautifully and carefully to your specifications.
1) This modernised barn has a classic exterior with modern features inside including underfloor heating and solar energy panels. Nestled in the countryside, this home is truly a peace-seekers haven.
2) This delightful waterside retreat was a labour of love for couple Bill and Angie. With an open plan design and large windows to let in lots of light and breathtaking vistas over the river, the couple didn’t compromise on their dream home.
3) This contemporary property utilises eco-friendly facilities and modern technology such as underfloor heating for a couple that desired a simple, comfortable home that looks strikingly current.
4) This modern chalet bungalow lets in plenty of light and has a luxurious and elegant interior design with large windows that look out from the modern kitchen. Although just one and a half storeys, this house doesn’t compromise on space and includes amenities to suit the needs of a family who love going to the beach.
5) This eco-friendly pad owned by couple Jane and Tony was born out of a want for a home that’s good for the environment and also looks great and works well.
6) With chic interiors that mixes up to date contemporary with mixed wood and brick fireplace, this open plan house is a delight.
7) This retired couple made their dream of building their own home come true. Complete with inglenook fireplace, the pleasant stone exterior leads nicely into the spacious yet homely interiors.
8) Eco-friendly and completely contemporary, this unique property makes use of solar panels to heat water, structural insulated panels to stop heat loss and low carbon technologies to reduce its footprint – saving the homeowners money!
9) This bright, modern family home has seven bedrooms, an open plan kitchen/diner, and unique exterior and interior designs.
10) Nestled in the countryside, this cottage has contemporary features but retains a feeling of cosiness with its wooden beams, exposed brick, and country style kitchen.
Visit the Potton website at www.potton.co.uk, and make sure to visit the Self Build Show Centre in St Neots, Cambridgeshire.