Perched high on a hill looking down on Dover is the splendid Dover Castle...
Country cowboys wrestle with winter.We're cowboys at country living, totally incompetent...
- A Caribbean in Carmarthenshire
- 7 tales, 7 poems, 7 days & Nights: Canterbury Tales on a Cockcrow Morning
- Walking Kilimanjaro for Dementia
- poems from Broadstairs
- From Broadstairs with Love 3
It is funny how despite your best plans, fate derails you...
- Hanami comes to Brogdale
- Christmas Stocking? Try some local treats
- The Plum Pudding riots: Canterbury's winter of discontent
- Addressing my inner demons: The Radio Interview
- Picture This: Canterbury Cathedral reveals its hidden treasure
An initiative to help inform young and new drivers in schools across KentIn early October I will be starting a series of seminars and question and answer sessions to 16 and 17 year olds in schools across Kent...
Writer Melanie Benn specialises in memoir, both writing her own and teaching others - and I’m very pleased to have nabbed her to run a workshop for the Rochester Literature Festival in October!Melanie and I first met at the coFWD workspace two years ago, when she subsequently became one of our Guerilla Poets for an afternoon...
FROM THE SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULOUSCharity Balls, like Golf Days and busses, seem to come along in threes. Yet whereas shotgun starts and four balls’ is all part of a sport I have never had an interest in, I will rarely say no to a good meal, a bit of entertainment and a dance. Thus last night, the Kent MS Therapy Centre Red Carpet Ball at the Canterbury Rugby Club was the last (for now) in a long run of such occasions that collectively have raised a staggering amount of money for many good and varied causes...
- WALKING WITH GIANTS
- NOT SO GREAT BRITISH LIFE
- FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY
- BORED MEETINGS AND BOARD MEETINGS
The staggering water footprint of foodSeptember last year saw international bigwigs meet in Stockholm for World Water Week, the theme of which was water and food security...
- What's going down your plughole?
- #AsktheQ Campaign: Our hidden waste footprint
- Twitterati can help make firms greener
- Responsibly-invested pensions
- Can wilderness workshops create a new generation of natural leaders?
The thought of sending eggs in today's post is quite frankly laughable, even with fragile tape, special containers and pleas for caution, things don't always arrive in the condition that one would like but during World War II eggs became a rare and special cargo...